Cleaning & Conditioning
- We recommend Music Nomad Guitar Detailer for any of our Gloss or Satin guitar finishes.
- We recommend either Music Nomad F-One Oil or Music Nomad Bore Oil to condition your fingerboard.
- Maple & Roasted Maple does not need to be overly conditioned due to the closed-grain nature of this wood, but we would recommend conditioning every string change or once a month.
- Rosewood should be conditioned as frequently as Maple, but keep in mind that it is an open-grained wood and will soak up the conditioner faster. You’ll want to continue conditioning the fingerboard if it dries up as you are applying.
- Ebony should be conditioned very frequently, especially in the Winter, because its properties are more susceptible to humidity and temperature fluctuations. We would recommend conditioning every string change or at least once a month based on the instrument being kept in proper humidity and temperature. We recommend keeping your instrument in a temperature of 70°F and 40-45% humidity year-round. This is similar practice when taking care of an Acoustic guitar as well.
- If you do not own a humidifier and consistently play your instrument during the dry months of the year, we would recommend keeping your instrument in its case when it is not being played.
- F-One Oil – Click here.
- Bore Oil – Click here.